End 1
It's that time of year again.
School's coming to a close for about a month and a half. It's really very sad :(
Now that the exams are over school is boring as hell but there was a time today when it was only myself and Joshua in my classroom. I looked around and saw how the tables were arranged and how the class was so dirty. It was right then when I recalled how things used to be not too long ago. In fact, even a month ago, classes would be going on as usual. Nobody would want teachers to come to class, but they did and more importantly, they actually TAUGHT us. I remembered how everyone actually sat at their places and had exercise books on their desks and teachers would ask us questions and then there would be the occasional interruption by Bob and Syed. This is kind of a personal rant to everyone else so if you don't quite understand, I'm sorry. On the other hand, I'm sure my fellow 4 Dinamik classmates will be able to relate.
Moving on, I remembered how Pn. Nirmala (my form teacher) would NEVER smile and NEVER really talk about anything other than BM and school things. I personally think it was just a test for herself. I say this because at this point I can just go up to her and she'll try her best to engage in conversation. In fact, it actually worked earlier today. We had a 3-4 minute conversation. This may not seem like a long time, but with Pn. Nirmala, trust me, it was an accomplishment. I'm scared that now school's ending, she'll go back to Robot Nirmala again. She doesn't teach Form 5s which makes this situation even more depressing. No more acknowledgement from Normal Nirmala. Sigh.
Still sitting in the classroom, I also remembered how my ex-(apparent)best friend and I had a fight that has probably taken a higher toll on me than him. Right, Navnith? I'll never know. Anyways, it's been 11 months? Fuck. Well if you ever read this, I'm just glad we're talking to each other again. That's all. I'm sick of saying sorry. And so pretty much all that I've just stated, among other unimportant, minute things came rushing into my head at one go.
So, as cliched as this may sound after the end of every year, I will really miss this schooling year.
To name a few things, how can I forget Sukantara, all the sports practices, Sports Day, MAD bitches!, joining the Editorial Board of PFS, every Biology, Physics and Chemistry period in the labs, random moments of utter hilarity by some of the teachers (more to Samad than anyone else) (add math teacher), ditching class and hanging out at the pond a few weeks before finals started and of course right now... the time I'm spending in school at this time.. this week.
Did my finals end just this previous Tuesday? It really seems like a long while back. Being in the last week of the school year does these things to me. It always has. Every year. This time it's affected me more for some reason. One difference between this year and the years before is that many of these joyous moments have been captured by cameras. Be it Paalan's, Chittesh's, mine or even the Ed Board's, I have a lot of pictures and videos that I can look back at and enjoy and laugh at. Pictures and videos are my only comforts that I can resort to when I feel like this. "God" bless cameras.
Form 4... the "honeymoon year". I for one truly believe that when your parents and uncles and aunts say that Form 4 is a honeymoon year, they refer to the year-end holidays. Because I can't say that I've had a honeymoon year. Though I definitely have had it easier than some friends of mine, I never really had that sense of freedom to do whatever I want.. until now. I can't even consider the mid-year break as fun coming to think of it. Now... it's the absence of something to do that's killing me. As you probably know after reading the below post, I've made a to-do list. My list hasn't grown any longer than what it was at a couple of days ago. I believe that adding to that list down there would only make it more improbable to complete than it already is.
So tomorrow is the last day of school. I hope to take loads of pictures... especially with people I won't be seeing as often as I'd like to anymore. (Yes Robert, you too.)
Oh and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in 4 Dinamik, the MAD, the Editorial Board, everyone and everything else that's made this year one to remember.
To the younger brothers of Paalan, Narinder, Jerome and Jeong Mark, prepare for a year of torment. (If you make it to PFS that is)BadGood luck with that.
This is so saddddd. I've finished my school year recap.
:(
School's coming to a close for about a month and a half. It's really very sad :(
Now that the exams are over school is boring as hell but there was a time today when it was only myself and Joshua in my classroom. I looked around and saw how the tables were arranged and how the class was so dirty. It was right then when I recalled how things used to be not too long ago. In fact, even a month ago, classes would be going on as usual. Nobody would want teachers to come to class, but they did and more importantly, they actually TAUGHT us. I remembered how everyone actually sat at their places and had exercise books on their desks and teachers would ask us questions and then there would be the occasional interruption by Bob and Syed. This is kind of a personal rant to everyone else so if you don't quite understand, I'm sorry. On the other hand, I'm sure my fellow 4 Dinamik classmates will be able to relate.
Moving on, I remembered how Pn. Nirmala (my form teacher) would NEVER smile and NEVER really talk about anything other than BM and school things. I personally think it was just a test for herself. I say this because at this point I can just go up to her and she'll try her best to engage in conversation. In fact, it actually worked earlier today. We had a 3-4 minute conversation. This may not seem like a long time, but with Pn. Nirmala, trust me, it was an accomplishment. I'm scared that now school's ending, she'll go back to Robot Nirmala again. She doesn't teach Form 5s which makes this situation even more depressing. No more acknowledgement from Normal Nirmala. Sigh.
Still sitting in the classroom, I also remembered how my ex-(apparent)best friend and I had a fight that has probably taken a higher toll on me than him. Right, Navnith? I'll never know. Anyways, it's been 11 months? Fuck. Well if you ever read this, I'm just glad we're talking to each other again. That's all. I'm sick of saying sorry. And so pretty much all that I've just stated, among other unimportant, minute things came rushing into my head at one go.
So, as cliched as this may sound after the end of every year, I will really miss this schooling year.
To name a few things, how can I forget Sukantara, all the sports practices, Sports Day, MAD bitches!, joining the Editorial Board of PFS, every Biology, Physics and Chemistry period in the labs, random moments of utter hilarity by some of the teachers (more to Samad than anyone else) (add math teacher), ditching class and hanging out at the pond a few weeks before finals started and of course right now... the time I'm spending in school at this time.. this week.
Did my finals end just this previous Tuesday? It really seems like a long while back. Being in the last week of the school year does these things to me. It always has. Every year. This time it's affected me more for some reason. One difference between this year and the years before is that many of these joyous moments have been captured by cameras. Be it Paalan's, Chittesh's, mine or even the Ed Board's, I have a lot of pictures and videos that I can look back at and enjoy and laugh at. Pictures and videos are my only comforts that I can resort to when I feel like this. "God" bless cameras.
Form 4... the "honeymoon year". I for one truly believe that when your parents and uncles and aunts say that Form 4 is a honeymoon year, they refer to the year-end holidays. Because I can't say that I've had a honeymoon year. Though I definitely have had it easier than some friends of mine, I never really had that sense of freedom to do whatever I want.. until now. I can't even consider the mid-year break as fun coming to think of it. Now... it's the absence of something to do that's killing me. As you probably know after reading the below post, I've made a to-do list. My list hasn't grown any longer than what it was at a couple of days ago. I believe that adding to that list down there would only make it more improbable to complete than it already is.
So tomorrow is the last day of school. I hope to take loads of pictures... especially with people I won't be seeing as often as I'd like to anymore. (Yes Robert, you too.)
Oh and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in 4 Dinamik, the MAD, the Editorial Board, everyone and everything else that's made this year one to remember.
To the younger brothers of Paalan, Narinder, Jerome and Jeong Mark, prepare for a year of torment. (If you make it to PFS that is)
This is so saddddd. I've finished my school year recap.
:(
Labels: deep thought
t.write(a+' comments');}
leave a response