Vienna, Austria Part. 5
Vienna, Austria. Part 5.
YES PEOPLE. You are unupdated. If you haven't started reading my Vienna Story, go read Part 1 on the 6th of October. If you have followed day-by-day, go to Part 3 and read up.
9. United Nations
Atam showed us around the United Nations in where? Nope, not Vienna. The United Nations building is on no mans land. It runs on its own. Being the United Nations and all. Cool huh?
10. The random things/places.
The Schonbrunn is a HUGE palace. We covered this place on new year's eve. We didn't have much time because places closed early, being eve of the new year and all. There's a huge garden outside of the palace where people just stroll around and exercise. No kidding. I didn't go in the palace but my brother did and he said it was really nice inside. I can only imagine. I made my first ever snowball in the Palace Gardens .
Sally the Snowball.
While waiting for the train to come pick us up at the bottom of Durnstein, we went into this pub and in this pub, I, being the Keshav I am, messed around with the salt and pepper. I made a face before being told off by the pub owner. Yes I named it too.
Peter the Pepper-Eyed
In Prague , I had rabbit meat for the first time.
Also in Prague, my cousin Marisha went into the bathroom of the art gallery and the sink taps are freaking GOLD SWANS.
11. Happy New Year, bitches!
New Years Celebration on 2008 was a blast for one reason and one reason alone : Fireworks
Atam invited some of his close friends over for a party. We even met this lady who was born in KEDAH of all places.
I don't quite remember how or where he got them, but Atam had TONS of fireWORKS. Not the cheap ass fire crackers you get back in Malaysia. ACTUAL FIREWORKS. And since Atam lives in the penthouse of his building, he has access to the top of the building. From the building, we had a 360 degree view of all of Vienna.
As soon as it was 12 am, it began. The single most brilliant display of fireworks I will ever witness. It lasted TWO HOURS. 12-2 am roughly. And aren't you lucky asses grateful I recorded it? (Probably not, eh?)
So that's that people. Vienna, Austria, as I witnessed it. People talk about wanting to go to France and Italy. France is a bore. Except for the Eiffel Tower. And the chicks. I haven't been to Italy yet but seriously seriously consider Austria a must-visit place before you die a sad, painful death.
and with that, enjoy the fireworks :)
Thanks for staying around for these 5 posts.
Till the next time, xoxo.
Labels: reminiscences
t.write(a+' comments');}
leave a response