Vienna, Austria Part. 2
Vienna, Austria. Part 2.
In case you aren't smart enough to figure this out on your own, read part one before reading this.
So before I go ahead with more places I visited, I need to introduce a few more people.
Uncle H ( whose full name I have unfortunately forgotten ), Aunty Shanti, and Rithu. They're close friends with Atam and they stayed at his place for Christmas, like we did. Rithu's 22 and she's in to literature and art and stuff like that. It was pretty cool meeting someone like that... hardly find any in Malaysia. The three of them arrived on the day after us and the first place we visited together was...
2. The Vienna Woods
This place is the shit, people... especially during winter. To get to the woods, you need to take this metro train from somewhere in the Vienna Town underground. It takes you to the outskirts of Vienna. From there you need to take a bus on this winding road that goes upwards... pretty cool. This woods is placed up high on a mountain. This mountain also lays host to many vineyards and old houses. When I was there, temperatures were as low as 2'C or 3'C. The woods was covered with snow. Damn thinking back now, the place looked like it was from a fantasy movie or one of those animation movie things with umm snow.. yeah. That. Anyways, you can look at the pictures below this after you're done reading. The woods has many different trails all over the place with each trail bearing it's own personal attractions. We took a couple of them (according to Atam, we took the better ones so that was good). Both trails took us passed different vineyards and several houses that were vacated due to the snowfall. Some houses were even completely covered with snow. We didn't really get much view of the vineyards because most of them were kinda ...well.. dead. Winter.. remember? That kinda sucked.
After a couple of hours of walking in the woods, Atam took us to this shack-pub-ish place for late tea. Oh gosh it was brilliant. Let me try and give you a mental picture. It's an overcast evening. Imagine a shack made of wooden planks just a story high. Inside the shack, candles are the only source of light at each table. There are one or two proper ceiling lights only, so it's kinda dark. Tables and benches made of wood as well. Arty paintings on the wall, mostly abstract. This place wasn't a high class place by any means. It's run by this Austrian lady who makes the BEST HOT CHOCOLATE EVER. Seriously. It is by far the BEST I've ever ever ever ever had. And and and she sells this large sausages right, and it's filled with hot sizzling cheese. And picture relaxing in this small warm cozy shack after walking around the woods in such an algid condition. Absofuckinglutely brilliant feeling.
Here are those pictures, with captions to help explain them :
(for the most part you can ignore the people in the picture and just focus on the background :P )
So I think I'll leave the rest for tomorrow. I'll let you people absorb all this in first. Come back tomorrow for Part Three.
Till then. ;)
Labels: reminiscences
t.write(a+' comments');}
leave a response