SK Batu Lanchang 01
Reminiscences.
The Little Place I Remember As SK Batu Lanchang. Part 01
1. Bus Life
Back in the day when school wasn't pathetic like it is now, when teachers actually thought, when there were still headmasters/mistresses that knew what the hell they were doing in office, yes. Back then, going to school wasn't a chore.
Everyday, I would look forward to getting onto C49. Every morning on the bus would be as fun filled as ever, with people like Ashwin, Goh Wei, Krishna, Wei Yan and Shiva. The 6 of us were pretty much the rulers of the bus. We controlled everything that happened. Every moment on the bus was a moment of mischief. We always pissed off the bus driver (Ah Yeow I think). But we had this understanding between us. It was just the way things were.
This lasted for a long while, until the next generation emerged and members of the first generation moved on to high school. By the time I was in Standard Six, Ashwin, Shiva, and Goh Wei had moved on. Wei Yan separated from the group, leaving Krishna and I. We lasted I guess, with the new standard ones and twos. Things just weren't the same without the original 6 being fully intact. The level of intensity of the mischief had decreased by a huge amount. Back when I was in standard one, I remember throwing chewing gum on Krishna's hair, stealing my bus driver's cane (he had a cane to use to threaten us if we made too much noise. Hah I remember all of us just shutting up when he used to bring the bus to an abrupt halt and wave that cane around like some kind of magician), among other things.
Nonetheless, I remember and truly cherish a lot of those days in C49. All I can hope now is that I'm not the only one that remembers. Somewhere deep down inside, the other 5 remember.
2. Post UPSR
For most of the 6 years I spent in Batu Lanchang, so many things happened, scandals(believe it or not), young love, adoption of a cat, the near death of a treasured fish, the destruction of the school pateo roof, heck co-curricular Thursdays can even be classified as a thing. So much happened. So much to remember and type.
Inside joke (all ex-SKBLers of the year 2004 PLEASE know what I'm talking about)
En. Cumaran: Pada 8 Januari 1941, Lord Baden Powell telah meninggal dunia-
Entire class: WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Move forward to after UPSR now, a whole 2 months of completely nothing to do. Pictures. That's what you need to see.







More pictures at the top.
Labels: reminiscences
t.write(a+' comments');}
leave a response