Gossip 01
Harry Potter's movie studio, Warner Bros. is suing an Indian studio over a film whose title it believes is too close to that of its hugely profitable Harry Potter flicks.
The Indian company, Mirchi Movies, is set to release its film Hari Puttar - A Comedy of Terrors on September 12 in Asia, but a lawsuit just filed by the WB could see it yanked!
Interesting note - the Indian film doesn't have wizards or magic in it at all! Hari Puttar is about a 10-year-old boy who moves to Britain and manages to save his father's top secret computer chip from some burglars.
Is Hari Puttar a common Indian name?
Mirchi Movies' COO said, "We registered the Hari Puttar title in 2005, and it's unfortunate that Warner has chosen to file a case so close to our film's release. In my opinion, I don't think our title has any similarity or links with Harry Potter."
Article from: www.PerezHilton.com
_____________________________________________________________________________
Damn this is so hilarious. Out of ALL the Indian names they could have come up with, they HAD to choose Hari Puttar. Is that even a VALID Indian name? I am so glad I'm called Keshav. Not Kesavan or Kishok or Krishnamurthy or KUMAR or Kanagesh. Yeah you get what I mean, right?
Anyways, let's pray Hari Puttar gets released. I so wanna download it and watch it just for kicks. ;)
Labels: one liners
t.write(a+' comments');}
leave a response