My Top 10 Movies of '10
This years list was actually much easier to form than previous years' because a majority of the movies sucked. You might not recognize some of the following titles but check them out if you can :)
10. The A-Team
The 'Tropic Thunder' of 2010. Combining action and humor quite brilliantly. Besides, what's a movie without a flying armored tank?
Runners-up to this movie in terms of hilarity would be The Other Guys and Date Night but this one takes the spot.
9. Scott Pilgrim VS The World
Got my hands on this movie only recently. This is good! The use of oldschool computer game references and graphics makes this one pretty awesome movie. The storyline is pretty generic but Mary Elizabeth Winstead more than makes up for it. Not to mention probably Michael Cera's best performance onscreen since Superbad.
8. My Name is Khan
I only watched two Hindi movies this year, one of which I was left confused by it's title at the end of the movie (Kites). The storyline was pretty unique for a Hindi movie (as far as I know) and I didn't hate Sharukh throughout the movie. Chittesh is going to kill me for not watching 3 Idiots yet.
7. The Runaways
What's not to love about a movie with Kristen Stewart (when she's not in love with a sparkling vampire) and Dakota Fanning playing Joan Jett and Cherie Currie? This one was different. They acted pretty well. They can't sing for shit though. Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherrybomb!
6. Shutter Island
What's there to say? Dicaprio was awesome as usual. This movie confused the crap out off me (in a good way). What was your conclusion? Crazy or not crazy?
5. Kick Ass
I don't get why a lot of people did not like this movie. This was probably the best superhero movie of the year (even when compared to the likes of Iron Man 2). Chloe Moretz's Hit Girl was one of the highlights of the movie. Bring on Kick Ass 2! :)
4. The Kids Are All Right
Julianne Moore and Anette Benning play VERY convincing lesbian parents. It's about two kids, both artificially inseminated from the same donor who bring him into their lives. This was one of the better independent movies of 2010.
3. The Social Network
I had to watch this twice to fully appreciate it. Probably the best dialogue in a movie this year and you gotta love Eduardo! (and the chicken)
2. Toy Story 3
This could have easily been my Number 1 but after a considerable amount of internal deliberation I chose differently. Growing up watching Toy Story 1&2 an uncountable amount of times, this final installment was both heartwarming and heart-wrenching. A fitting farewell to the characters of my favorite animated movie franchise.
1. Inception
Yeah, big surprise right? What do you expect from Nolan-directed flick with a cast that includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Cillian Murphy? This was the TDK of 2010. I watched this 3 times and have concluded that Cobb wasn't dreaming at the end of the movie. That's just me. No other movie quite left me as gripped or intrigued as this did. Fully deserved of the top spot.
PS: Sorry this blog took an eternity to update.
10. The A-Team
The 'Tropic Thunder' of 2010. Combining action and humor quite brilliantly. Besides, what's a movie without a flying armored tank?
Runners-up to this movie in terms of hilarity would be The Other Guys and Date Night but this one takes the spot.
9. Scott Pilgrim VS The World
Got my hands on this movie only recently. This is good! The use of oldschool computer game references and graphics makes this one pretty awesome movie. The storyline is pretty generic but Mary Elizabeth Winstead more than makes up for it. Not to mention probably Michael Cera's best performance onscreen since Superbad.
8. My Name is Khan
I only watched two Hindi movies this year, one of which I was left confused by it's title at the end of the movie (Kites). The storyline was pretty unique for a Hindi movie (as far as I know) and I didn't hate Sharukh throughout the movie. Chittesh is going to kill me for not watching 3 Idiots yet.
7. The Runaways
What's not to love about a movie with Kristen Stewart (when she's not in love with a sparkling vampire) and Dakota Fanning playing Joan Jett and Cherie Currie? This one was different. They acted pretty well. They can't sing for shit though. Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherrybomb!
6. Shutter Island
What's there to say? Dicaprio was awesome as usual. This movie confused the crap out off me (in a good way). What was your conclusion? Crazy or not crazy?
5. Kick Ass
I don't get why a lot of people did not like this movie. This was probably the best superhero movie of the year (even when compared to the likes of Iron Man 2). Chloe Moretz's Hit Girl was one of the highlights of the movie. Bring on Kick Ass 2! :)
4. The Kids Are All Right
Julianne Moore and Anette Benning play VERY convincing lesbian parents. It's about two kids, both artificially inseminated from the same donor who bring him into their lives. This was one of the better independent movies of 2010.
3. The Social Network
I had to watch this twice to fully appreciate it. Probably the best dialogue in a movie this year and you gotta love Eduardo! (and the chicken)
2. Toy Story 3
This could have easily been my Number 1 but after a considerable amount of internal deliberation I chose differently. Growing up watching Toy Story 1&2 an uncountable amount of times, this final installment was both heartwarming and heart-wrenching. A fitting farewell to the characters of my favorite animated movie franchise.
1. Inception
Yeah, big surprise right? What do you expect from Nolan-directed flick with a cast that includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Cillian Murphy? This was the TDK of 2010. I watched this 3 times and have concluded that Cobb wasn't dreaming at the end of the movie. That's just me. No other movie quite left me as gripped or intrigued as this did. Fully deserved of the top spot.
PS: Sorry this blog took an eternity to update.