There And Back Again
I know I said there'd be two more posts left for me to make this year. However, circumstances are such that I will not have the time for another post after this. I'll be too busy with everything else. I've got a few things I need to handle by the 31st and my blog isn't my main priority. NONETHELESS, this post is currently my top priority and I have thought everything through and have compiled an optimum list.
Comparing 2009 with 2008 is going to be quite difficult. They've both got their own sets of ups and downs in completely different ways. I know for a fact that many people may feel that this year has gone by quite quickly, especially my fellow Form 5s. On the contrary, it is because of SPM that I feel like this year has taken a really long time to wind down. This is very much due to the fact that I never really began to take SPM all that seriously until I was weeks away from it. I had quite a number of activities throughout the year that seemingly lengthened the year greatly. With that all said and done, as promised, I present to you my Greatest Hits of 2009:
10. Kumar's Birthday Party at Flare.
It seems like a million years ago now that this took place. So much has changed since and mostly for the better. It was a very interesting night, capped with me kissing a guy (accidentally) (that's what he's supposed to think anyway).
9.
(i) Pelican with Divya and Dhivia
I remember wanting to do this for a long time with Divya. We even created a new language in the process. When plans were finally finalised, Dhivia came along and it was really fun. I remember a video of Dhivia laughing macam orang gila after taking ONE bottle of Pelican. Good day.(ii) Valentine's Day
I went on my very first Valentine's Day date with Haneesha :) We both know how subtly amazing it was and I'll leave it at that.(iii) Being in Bed with Wen Jun, Divya and Aida.
'nuff said.
'nuff said.8. PFS Sports Day
7.
(i) Halloween
Among all the events listed here, this has to be the one that I did not see coming. Halloween has been pretty low key for a few years now. Then out of nowhere this night happened. It was an amazing experience with Alexander Regelmann. From the driving recklessly with masks on, scaring people on the road, getting grabbed by random people (most cute (very cute) girls) to take pictures with them (none of which I ever got to see), to the deal-maker at SegaFredo. It was all pretty damn fun.
(ii) Recruitment Drive
With several senior members dressed up as pretty recognisable fictional characters, the MAD managed to secure a decent amount of Form One members and from what I've seen, all is once well again in the club and I truly am very glad. Also, helping 8th Georgetown South with the structures and everything else for the last time (as a student of PFS) was fulfilling.
(iii) Bays Water
What's up?
6. The month when Tanya and Akshay came back
:)
5. When Manchester United came to Kuala Lumpur
Oh god where do I start.- Tuna-canned LRT stations,
- training session,
- met Ashereen for the first time :)
- hung out with Aida, Aqi and Anil,
- KLCC *Fred and Shoe were here*
- crashing the party,
- watching Harry Potter and subsequently losing my famous grey Nike cap (32C! remember?)
- bunking in Lishana's place
- match day!
- Mandarin Oriental :)
- KFC with Dharsh, Shereen and her friend (whose name i can't remember :/)
I'll never truly understand how I managed to cramp all that into three days. Unforgettable.
4.
(i) Live, Laugh, Love
The gamechanger. (ii) The Phantom of the Opera
My school's first live stage play since Oliver Twist almost 10 years ago ended as a downright success due to all the effort put in by the cast and crew. Created some unbreakable bonds with some people, made new friends and the sacrifices made by the entire Kang clan will never be forgotten. This took up most of my time prior to June 25th. Ever since it ended, time has moved really fast. It doesn't feel like Phantom took place just 6 months ago, it feels like half a year. Understand?
3.
My school's first live stage play since Oliver Twist almost 10 years ago ended as a downright success due to all the effort put in by the cast and crew. Created some unbreakable bonds with some people, made new friends and the sacrifices made by the entire Kang clan will never be forgotten. This took up most of my time prior to June 25th. Ever since it ended, time has moved really fast. It doesn't feel like Phantom took place just 6 months ago, it feels like half a year. Understand?
3.
(i) Thaipusam
First thing that comes to your head: WHAT? Keshav and Thaipusam? Seriously?
I'm not that bad okay. I was. This year changed my mindset on Thaipusam entirely. I can't wait for next year's Thaipusam. Here's hoping that it is as eventful as this year's was. But let's be honest Luvenia, Dharsh and Paalan... can we top this year?
(ii) Relay For Life
I would never have been a part of this if not for Dhivia who invited me. Prior to her invitation I had no idea what Relay For Life was. Now, I look at it as an annual necessity. Filled with its own memories (fond ones at that...) made this one of my biggest highlights of the year.
2. McDonalds Greenlane
I've visited this place AT LEAST 100 times this year. I shit you not. I think 100 is an understatement but I can't be too sure. I've met everyone and everyone else there. This McDonalds has robbed me of more than RM300 this year (again, probably an understatement). I know it seems pretty unbelievable, but when you take into account that one McValue Lunch set is RM10, well you do the Math. I wouldn't know where to begin if I were to upload a picture for this continuous "event". So I'll just leave it pictureless.
1.
(i) The Editorial Board of Penang Free School
Day by day, time seemed to slip away so fast because of the Ed Board. Ever since a fresh group of Form 4s, a cancer patient and a bird were recruited, every moment spend in the Editorial room was one to relish. We survived almost the entire year without the A.C. We had our fair share of scandals, movie watching, jamming, singing and legitimate chilling the entire year round. I am going to miss this a lot, seniors and juniors as well. There's always next year, some of us aren't quite done yet :)
(ii) 5 Cekal, class of 2009
The only real thing I had to look forward to every day in school apart from the Editorial Board. I am so so so so so so so thankful to have been a part of this class. I had my doubts at the start of the year about the potential of this class but damn was I proven wrong. The two people that brought most of the class together is Cheang Huat and Shaun. "God" knows what the year would have been like had Shaun not been in it and Cheang Huat did not get transferred back into 5C. After all the (epic) volleyball games, the uncountable amount of disruptions in class (Manju! Tengok tu! Suhaida! Harry Potter! and so on and so forth...), Mafia in class, Singh jokes, Navnith's bottle, Cheang Huat's OH MY GOD! THIS IS BULLSHIT!, Shaun's 1 million power naps, Rexy's ass and Zamri's antics (throw your hands in the ayer ay ayer!) all that is over now. An experience like no other. The highlight of my year, hands down.
-====-
Next year is going to be a whole different ball game. I am not ready for it. Then again, is anyone ever truly ready?
Happy new decade in advanced readers. See you next year :)
xoxo.
t.write(a+' comments');}
leave a response