Soon yeah?
Earth Hour is an international event organised by the WWF , and held on the last Saturday of March each year, which asks households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights and electrical appliances for one hour to raise awareness towards the need to take action on climate change.
Just realized we're not supposed to turn off the electricity, just the lights. That's pretty cool too. Best part is some of my neighbours are doing it as well. Good stuff.
Just under an hour left. It's going to be fun. I'm having a candle light dinner with the family tonight.
This blog goes in two days.
I guess I should start saying my temporary goodbyes.
Unfortunately, that is not going to happen. Instead, here I sit in the dark (preparing for Earth Hour of course) thinking about the past. Most of my fondest memories come from my time at SKBL, interestingly enough.
The sad thing is, no one else probably remembers them. The people involved at least.
I found out two days ago that my current house captain in school's sister was a good friend of my brother's back when they were in SKBL. They even took the same bus back (C49). That got me thinking about this whole thing again. Stuff from back in the day.
I remember bringing a whole bunch of Goosebumps books to school one day, and then on the way home from school, I opened a library at the back of the bus, made library cards and the best part was the kids actually came and borrowed books to read on the way home. So cute lah. Oh, but I got a shelling from my brother once he found out though, because all the books I took from his bookshelf without letting him know :D
I also remember my grandad picking me up from school a whole lot in Standard One. There was this one time where he picked me up and drove me straight home with grandmum and my brother. As he turned in to my house road, there my bus was on the same road. Presumably, my bus driver Ah Yeow (shit that just came back to me) thought I was on the bus. My house is located on a road with a dead end. And so when my bus turned around, my friends (Ashwin, Krishna, Wen Yan, and an indian girl who I think was named Gayathri) put their heads out the window and started shouting my name and waving frantically. I remember my brother
asking me (while looking at Ashwin), "Who's that Eurasian boy?" and I merely said "He isn't Eurasian, he's Ashwin!" That's besides the point though. I just thought of this, remembering what a great bunch of friends I had back then. It's always nice to know that they're all still alive. I see them once in a while, except for Krishna, who is always around -_-
8.28!
Gotta go.
xoxo.
Just realized we're not supposed to turn off the electricity, just the lights. That's pretty cool too. Best part is some of my neighbours are doing it as well. Good stuff.
Just under an hour left. It's going to be fun. I'm having a candle light dinner with the family tonight.
This blog goes in two days.
I guess I should start saying my temporary goodbyes.
Unfortunately, that is not going to happen. Instead, here I sit in the dark (preparing for Earth Hour of course) thinking about the past. Most of my fondest memories come from my time at SKBL, interestingly enough.
The sad thing is, no one else probably remembers them. The people involved at least.
I found out two days ago that my current house captain in school's sister was a good friend of my brother's back when they were in SKBL. They even took the same bus back (C49). That got me thinking about this whole thing again. Stuff from back in the day.
I remember bringing a whole bunch of Goosebumps books to school one day, and then on the way home from school, I opened a library at the back of the bus, made library cards and the best part was the kids actually came and borrowed books to read on the way home. So cute lah. Oh, but I got a shelling from my brother once he found out though, because all the books I took from his bookshelf without letting him know :D
I also remember my grandad picking me up from school a whole lot in Standard One. There was this one time where he picked me up and drove me straight home with grandmum and my brother. As he turned in to my house road, there my bus was on the same road. Presumably, my bus driver Ah Yeow (shit that just came back to me) thought I was on the bus. My house is located on a road with a dead end. And so when my bus turned around, my friends (Ashwin, Krishna, Wen Yan, and an indian girl who I think was named Gayathri) put their heads out the window and started shouting my name and waving frantically. I remember my brother
asking me (while looking at Ashwin), "Who's that Eurasian boy?" and I merely said "He isn't Eurasian, he's Ashwin!" That's besides the point though. I just thought of this, remembering what a great bunch of friends I had back then. It's always nice to know that they're all still alive. I see them once in a while, except for Krishna, who is always around -_-
8.28!
Gotta go.
xoxo.
Labels: one liners, Precedence of the Hiatus
t.write(a+' comments');}
leave a response